SKELEC believes in working together with our consumers and within our communities to create a better future for all.
It is this respect that we have put together some energy saving tips. These tips, if practiced, will giakaranda.com help to bring down the energy bills of our consumers. We know that in times like these every penny saved is like a penny earned.
Below are several easy to use tips that we have gathered that will help your lower your energy bill and reduce your carbon footprint.
- Use flourescent or LED bulbs instead of incadescent light bulbs
- Set the refrigerator and freezer temperatures at the appropriate temperatures, also make sure that the seals on the appliance doors are tight
- Purchase energy saving devices like those that carry the ENERGY STAR® symbol
- Plug home electronics, such as TVs and DVD players, into power strips; turn the power strips off when the equipment
is not in use—TVs and DVDs in standby mode still use several watts of power
- Unplugging your laptop, cell phone, tablet or other chargers will help you save money, they too use several watts of power when left plugged in
- Wash only full loads of dishes and clothes
- Turning off your freezer to save energy is not saving money. You will more likely use more electricity and may even spoil your frozen foods. Instead turn the freezer setting down
- Cleaning your light fixtures regularly will remove dust build up and improve the lighting area
- Do not leave your electric water heater switched on permanently. Buy a timer that will regular switch the unit off and on
- Shut off lights, computers and other electronic appliances when you’re not using them. Many computer monitors have a sleep mode setting which, when activated, greatly reduces energy consumption.