The St. Kitts Electricity Company (SKELEC) invites suitably qualified candidates to apply to fill the vacant position of Human Resource Manager. The successful applicant will oversee the Human Resource Department.
Applicant’s Minimum Requirement
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent in Human Resource Management or a related field. Post Graduate qualification would be desirable.
- At least 5 years’ managerial experience within a large company or organisation of which at least two of these years must have been in the field of HR.
- Prior exposure to areas like employee engagement, performance management and incentive schemes rollout would be an asset.
- A great communicator, possessing excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and conflict management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise staff
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with Management and Board of Directors.
- Working closely with the various Department Managers to understand, amend, implement and formulate where necessary, the policies and procedures of the company
- Oversee the company’s recruitment process including ensuring the effective onboarding on new employees.
- Advise management on executing disciplinary and other employee related activities.
- Oversee the appraisal process as well as assist managers in carrying out the day to day performance management procedures.
- See to the execution of activities and initiatives that help build a positive work environment.
- Serve as company’s onsite subject matter expert on labour laws, HR policies and procedures as well as their execution.
- Manage administrative functions of the Human Resources Department including the maintenance of current HR files and databases.
- Ensure company policies and procedures as it relates to Health and Safety as well as accident prevention and investigation are adhered to and assist with the coordination of programmes in regard to Health and Safety.
- Champion the organisation initiatives relating to employee engagement, process change and culture.
- Complete termination paperwork and assisting with exit interviews.
- Coordinate the rollout and administration of the company’s Performance Incentive Scheme.
Salary: To be negotiated
Other Benefits: Participation in the company’s health insurance scheme.
Interested persons should submit their application in writing to the Ag. General Manager by email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 15th May 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.