Applying for a new supply is rather easy and fast process.

If you are applying for a newly built house below are some steps to follow.

  1. Please ensure that your house was wired by a qualified electricitian. We would suggest also that it’s best to have the completion form completed by this electrician. SKELEC suggests that both the electrician and homeowner come in to fill out application.
  2. Proof of ownership of the property
  3. Two forms of government ID’s

After completion of the application, the next step will be the inspection process. This will take place by government inspectors who will inspect the wiring of the house. Once approved, the applicant will be informed by SKELEC to come in and make payment. The fee varies based on distance from nearest post and any extra wiring that may be necessary.

If you are a renting your home, please find the steps below.

  1. Tenant and Landlord should come in to fill out application form. (Can be done at the same time, best method, however if this unable to happen application form can be filled out first by Landlord then by Tenant.
  2. Tenant must supply two forms of ID’s
  3. Lease agreement
  4. Security deposit, this will be estimated, and held until the service is no longer required. Security deposit will be refunded to tenant, once account is settled.

Security Deposit will be reviewed and upgraded after 3 months if necessary

Date available for inspection (new installations) by Inspector

Date available for test (new installations) by SKELEC

Please wait...