REOI – Vegetation Management at Transmission and Distribution
The St. Kitts Electricity Company Ltd (SKELEC) is actively seeking contractors for vegetation management to maintain, clear, and inhibit vegetation growth in the proximity of its Transmission and Distribution infrastructure across the island of St. Kitts.
Contractors will be required to:
- Maintain safe public right of ways for transmission lines.
- Keep trees, shrubs, and other vegetation from growing near electrical equipment.
- Use herbicide treatments when necessary to achieve vegetation management goals.
- Use mechanical control techniques where vegetation cannot or should not be managed withherbicides; also, where vegetation will be more effectively managed by mechanical controls.
- Ensure that all vegetation management operations are conducted in a safe and effective manner
in accordance with company policies, country laws, regulations, and permit requirements
Contractors will be responsible for the following:
- Provide all chemicals, tools, and equipment to effectively perform tasks as specified and required by SKELEC.
- Properly dispose of all waste generated from vegetation management activities.
Contractor must possess the following at a minimum to be eligible for contract award:
- Evidence of prior experience in competently performing vegetation maintenance activities.
- Liability insurance and social security enrollment for all employees.
- Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE) including but not limited to; helmets, goggles, gloves, high visibility vest, steel toe boots for all employees.
- Valid driver’s license as well as licensed and insured vehicle(s) to perform work at various
locations as assigned by SKELEC.
Contractors are required to provide information and details of:
- Tools and equipment that will be used to perform vegetation management.
- Ownership / access to heavy equipment including but not limited to; backhoes, bulldozers, excavators, and brush cutters that can be used for vegetation management.
Contractor’s Work Scope and Contract Award:
- 1) In the expression of interest, Contractors should indicate the Work Scope of interest:
- Work Scope A: Use of mechanical controls (lawn mower, brush cutter, hand tools, etc.) to cut trees near electrical infrastructure and trim foliage/shrubbery as well as clear and maintain vegetation inside and outside the perimeter fence/boundary of identified Substations.
- Work Scope B: Use of heavy equipment (backhoes, bulldozers, brush cutters, lawnmower etc.) to clear and maintain vegetation in the pathway of Transmission & Distribution Lines as well as clear and maintain vegetation inside and outside the perimeter fence/boundary of identified Substations.
- Contracts to be awarded based on a fixed monthly sum and verified work performed during the month under review.
Interested applicants should submit an expression of interest by February 16th, 2024, to
The Office of the General Manager Attention:
Mr. Clement Williams
General Manager SKELEC,
Central Street, Basseterre St. Kitts
Applicants will be interviewed, and successful applicants will be awarded a 12-month contract commencing March 1st, 2024.